Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm not chinese I'm African American. but, I love the chinese culture. I wanted to chinese latern's and the little chinese take out box at my recieption. Does that sound dorkie or should I go with something else. My ideal wedding is on the beach but, I want a theme that isn't so oceanie.|||Congratulations on you upcoming wedding! An Asian inspired wedding would be very fun. Traditionally, red is the primary color for this as the asian culture believes red to be good luck. You could also do a cherry blossom theme wedding. You could do green, light pinks and brown to make it work. There are countless sites that can help you plan to do something like this. Just search Asian themed weddings.

Hope this helps!|||that would be cool!! i think you could definetely have chinese food too. for those of your guests that are picky, they can have the little fried chicken pieces or plain rice and gravy, or even just vegetable. i think having a buffet would b ur best bet. and as far as decorations red and green and light pink and black and brown are usually asian colors... you could even visit the chinatown nearest you. even if u have to make a special trip it would b worth it, you can find some great deals on authentic chinese stuff. you could even give chinese candy and fortune cookies for your "gift" for the guests. (one candy i like is called white rabbit, its kind of like a white tootsie roll. but not chocolately tasting.)|||Any ethnic theme seems condscending to me - They seem sort of "manufactured" - JMHO|||Oceanie, that's a funny word :) I think having a few Chinese themed things is fine, but not the food. You can't count on all your guests being into ethnic food. That's why at most weddings there's a beef or chicken meal choice, and then maybe fish, or pasta for any vegetarians. The food is pretty straightforward so it suits most palates.

Maybe instead of the paper lanterns with tassels you can use paper globes, they sell them online with lights inside and they look awesome hanging up at the reception. I was going to use them at my wedding because I saw a lot of pics of other weddings there that had them, but the ceiling was too high for us to hang them. The little takeout containers can be for your favors, you could put chocolates or candles or something else inside them.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment