Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dog barfed 4 times 10 minutes after taking his monthly heartworm preventative. Should I give him another one? It was not the medication that made him sick, he had gotten into some food he should not have gotten into, chinese take out, and then played WWF smackdown with a buddy of his. So the tummy upset did not come from the medication. Should I go ahead and give him another? Im pretty much sure he threw up the first one completely.|||Always ask your vet first, but I had an incident where I accidentally gave 2 heartguards to one dog, instead of 1 to both dogs. I called the vet and he said that the dose is so small that it isn't a big deal.
If you are pretty sure he threw most of it up, then I would assume the vet will tell you to give another, but like I said, call the vet first.|||No dont give him another contact you vet and get with them on what to do. You cant be for sure how much d=he got and what didnt and can easly overdose him.|||It wouldn't hurt him to have another one, but wait for a day or two when he feels better. It is almost impossible to OD on Heartguard, so you won't hurt him by giving him another one.|||Call your vet, the other poster may be incorrect & you may hurt your dog. And keep junk food such as that away from animals.|||I would, but ask your vet if you are not comfortable with that.
I am 99% sure he threw it up if it was not in his stomach for very long.|||call your vet first|||Even a double dose won't hurt him. Better to make sure the heartworms are taken care of, so I would give him another one as soon as his tummy settles.|||You should ask your vet.
In most cases it can be dangerous because you don't know how much might have been asorbed and you can end up giving him an overdose.
if you are in the United States and the vets is closed until Tues don't do anything till you get a hold of your vet teh day or so shouldn't do anything if teh vet does say it's ok I wouldn't take chances till you talk to your vet.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment