Friday, March 9, 2012

My friend was visiting me recently. While she was visiting, my parents bought some Chinese take out and we all ate it at my grandmother's house. Later, she astonished me by asking for my parents and grandmother's address so she could send thank you cards to both.

I'm just wondering if anyone else does this. I would just say thank you in person and leave it at that.|||no a simple thank you for your hospitality will suffice the days of Victorian etiquette are long gone|||Let her know her goodie goodie-ness embarrass you - notwithstanding it was to please an older member of your own family. Then she can drop your tenuous "friendship."

Report Abuse

|||That is charming and would greatly please your grand mother and parents.. It is rather sad, that you would be "astonished" at such a gesture of appreciation. Obviously your friend very much enjoyed dinner with your family, and wishes them to know it by giving more than a verbal thank you. Girls/women are less hesitant at showing regards.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment