Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ordering from my favorite chinese take out....want to try something different besides lobster fried rice and egg rolls. will I like cheese wonton and dim sum? I always hear about them...|||It's hard to say what anyone will or will not like. Cheese/cream cheese wontons are definitely americanized, even relative to the usual americanized Chinese food served in the USA. So my guess is that they would be more palatable to your tastes (assuming you are American). Dim sum is a really a variety of lighter dishes (as in steamed vs fried and drenched in sauce) often eaten with tea. So there is no single dim sum dish. You may like some more than others. You just have to try different ones. Do you have a bunch of friends who like Chinese food or are willing to try? If so, go to a restaurant serving dim sum and order several dishes to share amongst the group. That's the best way to taste a variety of dishes and also split the cost, since dimsum can be pricey.|||I know that the fried cheese won tons are fabulous...the dim sum...IDK...so tell me all about afterwards...|||I like them....cheese wonton are really a mixture of fake crab and cream cheese stuffed inside a wonton wrapper and deep fried while dim sum are wontons filled with meat then pan fried or steamed. Both are delicious!|||pic of dim sum: http://www.chinatownconnection.com/images/dimsum2.jpg

This picture really helps. It tells you almost all the traditional dim sums. I personally like dim sum.

Cheese won ton? never heard about it... doesn't sound good either. it's like americanized oriental food.|||Chinese food is a poor wannabe version of Thai food. Get yourself some thai food and throw the chinese food in the garbage where it belongs.|||Cream cheese wonton isn't bad, simple finger food not much different from an egg roll besides the stuffing inside of course. The ones I've had consisted of only cream cheese and chives, have yet to try any other ones with different stuffing's. About Dim Sum, there are some that are good and some most people would have a hard time trying, for example, "chicken feet", it's part of the menu for Dim Sum, I've seen it all the time but don't like it much. I've tried almost all kinds of Dim Sum and that would be my least favorite.|||While we certainly cannot tell you what you'll like or not since taste is subjective, one of my very favorite things are wontons. But you'll never know until you try them, so go for it.|||I've never had a cheese wonton, but I make cream cheese wontons that are pretty good. Dim Sum is good too. If you like Chinese food, then you will probably like anything on the menu. I have yet to have Chinese food I don't like.|||Haven't try cheese wonton, so don't no. You will love dim sum bc you get to see the food and pick whatever you like to eat or try. It's fun eating a little of everything instead of order one or two main course, but it's kind of expensive. If you are having a great time, it shouldn't matter.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment