Saturday, March 3, 2012

I think I am paranoid but I get so scared to eat pork since I know someone that got the worm on her brain. I see pork baby back ribs, pork chinese take out food, or mexican carnitas and I don't know if I should trust them or not. I know the meat has to be a certain temperature but how can one know if it was cooked that well? I love pork but I am just too scared. I never cook pork myself so basically all I want to know is about restaurant pork. Thanks so much.|||Are you sure it was from pork? Trychinosis has been virtually eliminated as a threat in the US and it doesn't go into the brain.|||points|||What worm on the brain are you talking about?

Trichinosis, which used to be gotten from pork is a parasite that resides in your muscles, not your brain. You have almost no chance of getting trichinosis from USDA inspected pork even if it is cooked rare.|||If you are talking about the worm that causes trichinosis, that is really not a cause for concern any longer. The few cases in the United States are mostly the result of eating undercooked game or home reared pigs. It is most common in the developing world and where pigs are commonly fed raw garbage. So, if you are buying your pork from a grocery store or butcher's shop you are pretty sure that the meat will not have the worm: today's pigs are not fed raw garbage but pig feed.

Regardless of which meat you are cooking, you should have an instant read meat thermometer. Then all you do is cook at the temperature suggested for the time suggested, then stick what you've cooked with the thermometer to read what the internal temperature is.|||Just make sure you cook any meat thoughly.|||What the PORK are you talkin' about?




Shut up and eat!|||I don't know about anything in pork that causes a worm , but my husband is a G.M. at a Bar-B-Q restaurant and pork is safe to eat when it has reached 165 F for at least 15 minutes.|||I was scared about it too, when I was a kid I heard about it.
You have to cook pork meat very well.
To make sure it麓s really cooked you have to cut it and check inside
Temperature is the most important to kill it
We like to eat pork in many ways and my mother always make sure that it麓s very well cooked. In my country there are many traditional foods made with pork meat, my grand mother used to cook them for us some weekends and the whole family used to eat together. So we have been cooking it for a long time and nobody is sick.

We never let us to forget that it may be delicious but it is pork meat and you have to cook it properly.

Don麓t be scared. Any kind of food can be dangerous if it isn麓t properly cooked or storaged.
But if you are still worried, read about it, I think here in Mexico I have seen some books about parasites while my sister was studying medicine, and I bet you will find some in your city.

People may tell you that it doesn麓t exist, but it does exist, you will find real information in medicine books or specialized books.
I read one of the answers about how long and at what temperature you have to cook pork, I think that麓s a good advice.|||it is ok... my diet cant be without pork, and didnt get any worm

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment