Friday, February 24, 2012

There is only one Chinese place in my area that delivers.. and I can't leave my house at the moment and I want to order from there. I am a noob vegetarian and I have no clue what to order. I'm used to ordering beef and broccoli, chicken fried rice, and things like that, so I don't even know the names of any vegetarian dishes... It's not really an option to just ask on the phone because they hardly speak English and it would be too complicated. ya know..

But yeah.. I'm starving and I just want some suggestions on what to order.. I know that basically all Chinese places carry the same foods.. So what do you order when you get Chinese? I know I want to get vegetable dumplings . [is that even what they are called?] and some kind of rice.. what else can I ask for that will be filling, tasty, and satisfying?|||Vegetable fried rice, vegetable chow mein, or vegetable chop suey.|||My favorite thing to order is veggie fried rice and garlic broccoli.|||Vegetable dumplings often contain pork fat. Don't trust that they are vegetarian unless you can really talk to them about it.

You can ask if they have mixed vegetables with tofu. A lot of Chinese Restaurants have something called Buddha's delight, with tofu and veggies. Since buddhists are vegetarians, it's a pretty good bet that this will be meat free.

You can try asking them about vegetarian. You mention their English isn't very good, but that may be a common enough question to be unconfusing to them. There are vegetarian buddhists in China, so it's not a foreign concept.

Vegetable fried rice is good only if you can ask if its vegetarian with no meat or shrimp. Otherwise stick to steamed rice.

Have you googled to see if you can find their menu online? A lot of restaurants do that now - even little ones.|||Get the Mei Fun, it is sooooo delicious. It has a great sauce and angel hair pasta and delicious veggies. I was glad I got it! Also, add a veggie egg roll!|||I recommend you ask the restaurant when you call to order. Many things that seem vegetarian may have meat in the sauce and stuff like that. You should ask them specifically. Better safe than sorry.

火车采集器
  • travel trailers
  • red robin menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment