Friday, February 24, 2012

there's a little chinese take out restaurant by my house. you can't go in there and get served ur food cuz it's only a carryout place. anyways, I've heard that when you get carryout food from restaurants you're suppose to tip, does this count to chinese carry out? do others tip?|||My local Chinese restaurant has a tip jar at the cash register- at first I didn't tip- but after I found it was so good and they were really quick- I started leaving like a $2 tip in the jar- now they know me by my phone # and always give me extras- kindness pays too|||The good Chinese restaurant in our town, where they prepare each order individually, rather than scooping it up from a buffet, has a discreet sign posted, "Tips are appreciated." Whenever we eat there we notice that they do quite a lot of take-out business. The same servers who wait on the tables also gather the take-out orders, package them up, and bring them to the waiting customers. They're losing an opportunity to wait on a table and earn a tip, so I think it's only fair to give them a tip for a take-out order.

Your restaurant may be different, but considering that Chinese food is plentiful and economical, why not give a tip of about 10%? If you're a regular customer, they'll recognize you and treat you very well.|||If you walk into a place and carry out your own food? No you do not tip.

If they deliver, yes.

If they serve you at a table, yes.

If you are at a buffet, and the waitress actually brings you drinks and clears your plates while you eat, you tip $1 per person.|||Personally, no. I tip is usually given as a "Thank you" for someone's services, ie delivery to your home, or, in a sit down restaurant, delivery to your table. For carry out, all a worker does is put your food in a bag and hand it to you.|||No. Normally, I don't tip on carry out food. In a way, it's fast food. You don't think twice about tipping at McDonald's or Taco Bell. The only exception to this would be if the service was exceptional in some way. I find it necessary to tip the driver when the food is delivered.|||Not really if its like a fast food place. Still no tip because there's no serving.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment