Tuesday, February 28, 2012

If you're a vegetarian, then don't you miss eating Chinese take-out or eating at Chinese restaurants, since most (if not many) Chinese dishes involve meat (i.e. sweet 'n sour pork, beef and broccoli, etc.)|||I'm vegan and I eat Chinese food all the time:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=374.0;鈥?/a>|||Americanized Chinese food has a lot of meat, but traditionally, the Chinese don't eat quite as much meat as it might seem. Also, most American Chinese restaurants have at least 5 or 6 tofu dishes and plenty of vegetable dishes too. The only thing is some use lo-mein or chow-mein noodles that have egg in them. As a vegan, you'd have to check on that. And some sauces are made using meat based broth or some fish products. But, it's super easy (and much cheaper!) to make your own Chinese anyway. Just last weekend I made some vegan General Tso's tofu & veggie chow-mein & it was delicious even to my non-vegan friends & family. The only thing missing was the fortune cookies because I forgot to buy them when I was out so I had a friend pick some up on her way over, but the ones she bought weren't vegan so I didn't have any. :(|||Chinese Restaurants make sesame tofu and general tso's tofu with rice. It is tasty and vegetarian.

I am lucky enough to also live near a chinese restaurant that sells vegetarian mock chicken, beef, pork, and duck. They taste like real meat but are made with vegetable protein, wheat gluten, and a sauce.|||No way! Traditional Chinese food is very light on the meat anyway (it's why there were so few incidences of cancer in China before they started eating more like us) and most dishes feature plenty of veggies - just leave out the meat! A lot of Chinese are Buddhists and they don't condone killing animals for food, so there are a LOT of veg Chinese places out there. Probably more so than any other kind of veg place, actually.|||Nope, there's still a lot of Veggie options at most Chinese take-out places. Some of the things I like are Vegetable egg rolls, vegetable fried rice, vegetable soup, lo mein noodles, etc... Now, Vegans on the other hand would probably have a hard time seeing as how a lot of the vegetarian dishes have egg... =0|||i still eat chinese. actually there is a chinese buffet in the town i live in, my boyfriend and i go there all the time, and they have a hibachi bar where you take a plate and fill it with veggies (cabbage, zuccini, mushroom, watercress, the works!) then you hand it to the chef and he puts it on the hibachi grill for you its great! i always load my plate, and the chef asks me every time "no meat??" lol i always say no. plus they have noodles and veggie rice so yeah, its good and i stil get my once a month chinese food fix :)|||Our local Chinese take-away offers some vegetarian items on the menu. They even made a dish I asked them to make up for me and its now one of my favourites when we get a take-away. Mixed vegetables with garlic and black bean sauce... Yum!!!!! They don't offer near as many choices as the Indian take-away though!!!!!|||Nah. I still go out with my friends to Chinese take-out places, and its not a problem, actually less of a problem than regualr American places (bob evans, fast foods, diners, stuff like that). They have a ton of veggie dishes, and veggie fried rice which I always ate a ton of anyways :)|||Many of your better Chinese restaurants offer vegetarian menu choices. YOu can also make you own Chinese meals.

BTW: Tofu comes from China, they call it Bean Curd.|||Most Chinese places have vegetarian choices sinse they eat very little meat anyway. When I first started out I did miss stuff like that but now I cannot see myself ever eating meat again.|||no
i have take away all the time
there are plenty vege options, the indians and chinese take aways have a LOT of vegetables in their foods|||Nope. I make my own. It's easier, cheaper and healthier. American chinese food is easy to make at home.|||they offered several really good option such as egg, fried vegetables and black bean pumpkin. Yummy!|||Morning Star Farms vegetarian sweet and sour chicken! And I still like rice and veggies.
Yum!|||i get mock duck

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment