Thursday, February 9, 2012

Greek/Mediterranean? Polish? Thai? Japanese? Brazilian? Portugese? German? Creole? Moroccan? Indian? Kosher? Phillipino? Korean? Polynesian? Per haps something else?

What do you like most about this type of food? Where do you go to get it?

Italian, Chinese and Mex get awful ratings. Anything else gets a great rating.|||For me, I like the home cooked taste of these foods. They are layered with flavor and taste like they are cooked with love. They remind me of my childhood. We ate every ethnic food growing up, or should I say tried every ethnic food. I was very fussy as a child, now I'm just fussy. I cook these and all types of food though, whether I eat them or not, I have been doing so ever since I could remember. It's a gift I have, I can cook with my nose and usually never have to eat the food if I don't like it. As far as the soul food, I love grits. I eat them for breakfast but not too often because I learned to eat them with butter, cheese, eggs, and pork sausage and bacon, kinda high on calories. Mac and cheese also is top on the soul food list for me right next to collard greens. Cape Verdean dishes I love are, Kachupa, a stew with sausages, meats, root veggies, beans, greens and samp is a meal in a pot that cooks all day and Jag is a rice that is seasoned and cooked with beans in it. I for the most part can choose any cuisine and find one thing I like or can alter to suit me, that's why I'm a chef. Fussy chef, but chef non the less.|||jamaican. Im half jamaican and have to have my jerk chicken and rice and peas!!!|||Japanese ... for the sushi

My favorite place to go here is Sushi Wabi|||i love Brazilian steak|||german thai|||thai & indian :: the way they combine the spices is simply artistic|||Tough decision

I like Greek, Indian, Thai and Japanese. I can't really pick just one.|||Indian cuisine

Its spicy & fiery.
I love the dals, khichdis, biryanis, pulaos, mithais, yummmmm|||Indian. I looove spicy food. The flavors are just amazing.|||Filipino--I love pancit! A lady at my church makes it when we have church dinners and it's always one of the first dishes to go.|||I really enjoy the variety of different foods. I love Lumpia from from Phillipino cooking, Dolmas from the Greeks, Pierogi's from the Polish, Pasta Puttanesca from the Italians. I like them all, no favorites.|||Thai Indian and Greek...they r just awesome:)|||Japanese. It's healthy and very light. My favorite is sushi. I go to Noshi Sushi in Los Angeles, California.|||West Indian (Jamaican) food is very flavoursome and whatever you're into (chicken, pork, lamb, fish,etc) you can always find a recipe you like. Thai food is always tasty but like any food you have to try different places to get a good selection.|||i love Lebanese food....delish!|||Indian or Spanish.|||In considering Thai, Indian, Ethiopian, I'd have to go with Indian.

There are several good Thai places around here, but generally, a lot of the meat and veggies are shredded, and I prefer the texture of biting into chunks of food. My wife and I love Ethiopian, from the time we spent living in Chicago, but there aren't any restaurants around here. We've bought our own Ethiopian cookbook, but it's just not the same.

Indian, though, is plentiful around here. I love the variety - depending on the region, the food can be quite different. My favorite dish is probably Chicken Tikka Masala, with Mushroom Korma and Chicken Biryani tied for 2nd place.

I love bread, and the Indian Naan is a wonderful compliment to the meal, as you are expected to forego utensils for most of them and instead scoop up your food with pieces of naan. Naan is made by cooking it on the walls of the clay "tandoor" ovens, and is something that's so hard to replicate in other ways. When we cook our own indian food, we'll get orders of naan as takeout.

There's a decent-sized (and growing) Indian population around here, and we have a couple of Indian restaurants near by where we can get it. In our last house, we lived next door to an Indian family, and 3 doors down was the owner of one of the restaurants.|||my favorite is korean food. i grew up eating korean food, and still like to go out for korean bbq. other types of food i tend to only like certain items, but i really like korean food.

it's also easier to tell if it is spicy or not... the more red it is, the better likelyhood that it is spicy...

there are a few pretty decent korean restaurants within 20 minutes of where i live, but los angeles probably has the most authentic korean food without actually going to korea....|||There's a great Mediteranean/MiddleEastern place in my city. I'm there at least once a month. My favorite dish is the Iskender Kabob. It's shaved beef & lamb off of a slowly spinning rack, piled on top of a fluffy stone-oven cooked bread, and drizzled with a spicy thin tomato-based sauce as well as a yogurt sauce. Service with pickled cabage and marinated onion slices. That description doesn't do it justice - here's a picture of it: http://www.alibabarestaurants.com/kabobs…

I'm also a big fan of their chicken shish, meat pide, and of course, the amazingly good lavash bread. It's an unleavened bread that is cooked in the aforementioned stone oven, that rises into a great big bread bubble as it cooks. When it arrives on the table, we gently "pop" it to release the hot steam, and immediately start salivating at the smell. This is served with the yogurt sauce for dipping.

.... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Yum yum yum....

http://www.alibabarestaurants.com|||Variety.. The food has such a wide variety of flavors and textures. It is amazing simple an elegant with a focus on functionality. It tastes amazing and continues to evolve.

Where do I go to get it...?

Well.. I live in the Plano TX area... I really like Nakamoto... (it's the old standby) There's a new place up the street called Tomo.. which is good.. but overpriced...

then .. and I don't even know this place's name.. but it is @ 75 and Eldorado in Mckinney.. it's a Japanese buffet and is phenomenal... amazing...


another thing.. Japanese food tends to treat the stomach better than most... even raw fish has less chance of feeling meal regret than itallian or mexican...|||Indian or Ethiopian.
I get Indian out of my kitchen, as I've got several recipe books.
I get Ethiopian from Fasika in St. Paul, MN.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment