Friday, February 3, 2012

I know its weird, but me and my sister have always wanted to eat at one of those places that has the chinese takeout boxes. We've been to a couple chinese places, but they don't seem to have them. Does anyone know of any places that have this, perferably in the NW mall area (that's about where I live) or the Galleria area (that's where she lives) that isn't too pricey. Thanks for the help.~|||They really don't use those anymore.

I do know that if you get a to-go box at China View, and ask for more rice, it comes in a container like you describe.|||I know what you mean. I live in Houston, was born and raised here. I was going to Timmy Chan's (is that the name?), until the food got so greasy you could wipe a car with it! There are tons of Chinese places here, but I don't know of any who give you the little boxes like on television. Mostly you get just a regular doggy bag with the food in a styrafoam container, LOL. There maybe some places that give them, but so far I haven't seen it from the Chinese restaurants in Houston. Also, I think the little boxes are not what most Chinese restaurants are using anymore(old-fashioned I believe) and mostly for show on television. I haven't found them in other places either. You notice they don't offer chopsticks at most of these places either anymore?

By the way, I live on the SW side, by Almeda. That's how I got familiar with Timmy Chan's because it was the only Chinese place in this area.|||Try Auntie Chang's Dumpling House at Shepard & Westheimer. It's been awhile since I've been there but they used to have them.
At worst you could go buy the little boxes at one of the restaurant supply places off of St. Emanuel and take them with you to any Chinese restaurant.|||I can think of a couple, but you'll have to do a little driving to get to them. Flaming Wok in Pasadena has them. So does 888 in Dickinson. The other 888 in Houston may have them too, because I think they're owned by the same people (could be wrong about that though). |||I know what you mean. I loved those little boxes, also. The main reason they no longer use them is that, remember, the handles were metal. This does not make for good microwaving...|||Lawndale Fish Market has them. They serve the shrimp fried rice in them. Very unique. They are on Lawdale between Wayside and 75th. Closer to 75th street.|||888 on 45S and Gulfgate still has them , and so does Hong Kong Chef on Rice bulevard and bellaire.

火车采集器
  • minn kota
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment