Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Produce is considerably cheaper than meat. They use very little meat in their food and they buy bulk. They use cheap fillers, like an extra bowl of steamed rice.|||yer right you don't wanna know.

I'll give you a hint. Ever notice there aren't ANY stray dogs (or cats) around Chinese restaurants?

Need I say more?|||They buy the cheapest ingredients in bulk of course. Also, I always had the feeling they recycled leftovers!|||Because you don't really know what you're eating...need I say more?|||my guess is because they don't have to pay for all of the advertising/Celebrity endorsements,etc.,like McDonald's, Burger King,etc.Just like how non-designer clothes and shoes can sell for much less than big name-brand items of the same quality. You pay for the label,pretty much.|||It's not that there's dog or anything...they just have low labor costs, and cheap ingredients.|||They use alot of rice. Rice doesn't cost that much and the meat that are in the dishes aren't alot of meat.|||Cheap labour?|||they probaly use cheaper meats|||maybe they do not mark up there food like other places do. you would be surprised how much things really cost.|||well the main reason is about 50% of any meal is rice. when I was running a kitchen a few years back I had to luagh one day when a 3 pound bag of rice I bought at the store was 5 cents more then the 25 pound bag I had ordered earlier that day at work. If I remeber right rice cost us 2 cents a pound cooked.

The other reasons are they normaly use cheap cuts of meats and lots of veggies. even when you order something seafood it the cheaper e seafood they are using. Most shrimp they use for example is what is sometime called bait shrimp (because of it size).|||In many of the Chinese restaurants that I have been to, it's a family owned business where the whole family works, so they're saving on labor costs.

They don't usually have big elaborate sit down restaurants, so that reduces overhead.

Ingredients bought in bulk are usually not that expensive.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment